Evaluating renewable-energy value chains to identify optimal investment opportunities for a large Middle East national-oil company
- The client wished to evaluate alternative-energy plays to create revenue streams and a new national capability.
- Arthur D. Little was therefore asked to assess investment opportunities in the renewable energy that would best accomplish the ambition.
- Three distinct phases covered both the external market opportunities and internal capabilities to recommend the most optimal strategy for the client:
- Phase 1: market assessment
- Phase 2: investment opportunity assessment
- Phase 3: strategy and capability assessment.
- Three distinct technologies and a cache of companies were identified for acquisition in the solar industry.
- The client awaits government approval to move ahead in this regard.